QUOTE(someone @ Mar 17 2005, 05:51 AM)
one hundred and twenty nine enabled extensions?? tell me you're joking. have many crashes?
none actually - I had them working in unison, but i have dropped a lot of them since then for lack of use or finding a better solution.
Interestingly enough, I now have Fx 1.0.2 and roughly 40 extensions less, and I still don't get crashes, but I do have some weird things going on that I and researching:Generated Thu Mar 24 2005 12:38:39 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Enabled Extensions: (90)
- A's Yahoo! mail notifier 0.6 - This extension notifies you when new messages arrive in your yahoo inbox
- About:NotBlank 0.1 - Replace about:blank page
- Adblock 0.5.2.039 - Filters ads from web-pages
- Allow Right-Click 0.1.1 - Defeats web sites' right-click prevention scripts.
- BBCodeXtra 0.2.2 - Adds BBCode/HTML/XHTML commands to the context menu
- BlankLast 0.6 - Makes last tab blank when closing it, prevents tab bar from hiding. Optionally modifies close commands behavior and tabbar context menu.
- Bookmark Duplicate Detector 0.0.1 - Detects Duplicate Bookmarks when bookmarks are added
- Bookmarks LinkChecker 0.6.8 - This extension checks links.
- Bookmarks Synchronizer 1.0.1 - Bookmarks Synchronizer is a Mozilla Firefox extension that let you connect to an FTP/WebDAV server and synchronize your bookmarks that are stored in an XML file. Setup is easy; just write in your FTP/WebDAV server address, username, password and a name for the XML file (by default called xbel.xml). To start, press Upload to create the file on the server and set if you want to automatically download the file on startup or upload it when you close your browser.
- Browse Extension 0.1 - Browse to an extension's installation directory from the Extensions window
- Chrome Cleaner 0.3 - This extension cleans duplicate entries from installed-chrome.txt, and optionally removes references to non-existent jar packages.
- ChromEdit 0.1.1.1 - A Simple User Profile File Editor
- Compact Menu 22.214.171.124 - Duplicates the menubar on the toolbar as a menu of menus.
- Component Viewer 0.6.5 - Component Viewer ported to Firefox
- Configuration Mania 1.05.2005021901 - More Advanced (hidden) configures & Chrome Uninstaller
- CookieCuller 1.2.0 - Extended Cookie Manager--protect/unprotect selected cookies
- Copy URL + 1.3 - Copies to clipboard the document's URL along with the title or the selected text.
- Digger 0.7 - Dig through URLs from Go button's context menu
- Diggler 0.9 - A URL manipulation tool for power users
- Disable Targets For Downloads 0.9 - Prevents download links opening a blank window.
- Download Manager Tweak 0.6.5 - A modification of the Firefox download manager that changes its appearance and allows it to be opened in a separate window, a new tab, or the sidebar.
- Download Sort 2.5.0 - Automatically save downloads to different directories.
- Download Statusbar 0.9.2 - View downloads in an auto-hide statusbar.
- eWebMail Color and Graphics 1.81 - Enables Color and Graphics for Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, Gmail and MyWay composition in Firefox.
- Ext2Abc 0.2.1 - Alphabetizes your extension manager list.
- Extended Statusbar 1.1 - A Statusbar with Speed, Percentage, Time and loaded size (like Opera's one)
- Extension Catalog 0.9 - Browse and install extensions.
- Extension Room Tool 20041205 - Tool for querying the Extension Room database.
- Favorites Converter (export) 1.0.1 - From Bookmarks To Favorites
- File Title 0.2 - "Save as" title as default like in IE
- FirefoxView 0.31.1 - View pages and links loaded into IE in Firefox
- Firesomething 1.6.0 - All your branding are belong to Firesomething.
- FlagFox 1.2 - Displays a flag depicting the location of the current server
- FlashGot 0.5.7.7 - Enables Mozilla and Firefox to handle single and massive ("all" and "selection") downloads using the most popular external download managers for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and FreeBSD (21 currently supported, see Extension's Home Page for details). FlashGot offers also a Build Gallery functionality which helps to synthetize full media galleries in one page, from serial contents originally scattered on several pages, for easy and fast "download all".
- Grippies 0.1+ - This extension brings grippies back to Firefox
- HiddenPrefs 0.4 - Easy access to some hidden preferences
- Hotmail Tabs 0.9 - Allows tabbed browsing behaviour for Hotmail.
- ieview 0.86 - Open pages in IE via Firefox menus
- Image Toolbar 0.5 - Provides easy access to common image functions.
- Image-Show-Hide-Load 6.0 - Creates a toolbar button to quickly turn images on web-pages on and off and optional autoreload current page.
- InfoLister 0.8.2 - Lists installed extensions and themes
- IPv6 Identification Tool 0.7.3 - Display the IP address of the current page and identify it as IPv6 or IPv6 site. It also allows custom lookups by IP (right mouse button) and Hostname (left mouse button).
- keyconfig 20050313.1 - Rebind your keys.
- LastTab 1.1 - Allows tab navigation in a most recently used manner.
- ListZilla 0.5.1 - Outputs an alphabetical list of either extensions or themes to a text, vB code, or HTML file.
- LiveLines 0.4 - Add RSS feeds to readers other than Live Bookmarks with the RSS icon on the status bar.
- Location Navigator 0.3 - Tools used to navigate up/down through the numeric portion of a location.
- MapIt! 0.6 - Maps a highlighted address using your favorite online mapping site.
- MDHashTool 0.3 - Message Digest (MD5, SHA-1, etc.) tool
- MeasureIt 0.2 - Draw out a ruler to get the pixel width and height of any elements on a webpage.
- MediaPlayerConnectivity 0.2.3 - MediaPlayerConnectivity - Open video stream directly in an external Video Player
- Menu Editor 1.1.20050315 - Customize application menus
- Minimize to Tray 0.0.1.20050212 - Minimizes Mozilla windows into the system tray
- MR Tech's Local Install 1.2.5 - Local Install Buttons in Extension/Theme Manager and File Menu options.
- Nuke Anything 0.41 - Allow hiding of almost anything via context menu
- OpenDownload 0.2.1 - Allows you to open any file from the internet into the OS assigned program.
- PasteIP 1.5 - Allows you to paste your IP address or User-Agent string into a textbox or message window.
- Policy Manager 1.3.2004081801 - Provides a dialog to customize policy settings.
- Popup Allow 0.2.2 - Temporarily disables the popup blocker when the Caps Lock key is pressed.
- Preferential 0.7 - Advanced preferences manager for Mozilla-based products
- Quitomzilla 0.4.1 - A help for quitting cigarettes
- ReloadEvery 0.5 - Reloads webpages every so many seconds or minutes
- Sage 1.3.1 - A lightweight RSS and Atom feed aggregator.
- SessionSaver .2 0.2.1.027 - Magically restores your last browsing session.
- Single Window 1.4 - Single window mode for Firefox and Mozilla.
- Slim Extension List 0.1 - Makes items in extension list shorter, so you can see more at once. Also, sorts them by name.
- Smiley Xtra 3.1.1 - Insert smilies from an online database into forum posts, blogs and more!
- SmoothWheel 0.43.1.20041107 - Scrolls the document smoothly when scrolling the mouse wheel
- Sort Bookmarks 0.6.0 - This extension enhances bookmark sorting functionalities.
- SpellBound 0.7.3 - Adds spell checker support to web forms and extensions.
- SpoofStick 1.05 - A simple way to detect spoofed websites.
- Statusbar Clock 1.6.4 - Display the date and time in your browser's status bar.
- Stop-or-Reload Button 0.1 - Turns the stop and reload buttons into a single one. When you can stop, you have a Stop button, otherwise you have a Reload button. (Like in Safari)
- Tab Clicking Options 0.5.1 - Select actions for clicking events on a tab or the tabbar
- Tab in Textarea 0.0.4 - Enter tab characters in textareas.
- Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.2 - Enhances control over some aspects of tabbed browsing.
- TextZoom 1.6.0 - Override the default text-zoom level.
- Things They Left Out 0.1.4.2 - All the things an Options panel shouldn't be
- Timestamp 0.3 - Quickly add the current time and date into textboxes and mail messages.
- TinyUrl Creator 0.7.1 - TinyUrl brings the http://tinyurl.com functionality into your browser. It takes a long URL as input, and gives you a short URL to use in it's place.
- Titlebar Tweaks 1.6.0 - Tweak your browser's titlebar text.
- TripleSelect 1.5 - Select a paragraph by triple-clicking on text.
- Tweak Network 1.0 - Tweak network settings.
- undoclosetab 20041126 - Adds Undo Close Tab.
- View Cookies 1.2 - View cookies of the current web page.
- Wikalong 0.12 - A wiki-margin for your browser
- Wikipedia 0.7.0.4 - Adds a toolbar for easier editing of Wikipedia pages.
- WindowsUpdate 1.0 - Adds Windows Update to the Firefox Tools menu.
- xMirror 0.1.1 - Creates a dropdownlist in your extensionmanager that allows you to select 3 other extensionsites: extensionmirror.nl, texturizer.net, extensionroom.mozdev.org
QUOTE(AURA @ Mar 22 2005, 04:03 PM)
hi, veronica. if you right-click a jar, or any extension/theme (xpi, etc), and save to your desktop, you can go Tools>Extensions/Themes to open your extensions/themes, then Minimize your browser, so just your extension's/Th. window is open on your desktop, then drag the jar file to the extension/Th. window. it will install then.
Mel Reyes's Local Install adds a button to both EM and TM allowing you ot find the correct location / file and install it locally. FYI