Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Linux?
coathanger007
post Jun 27 2010, 08:44 AM
Post #1

Respected Veteran

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Does anyone here use Linux? Ther eare so many builds out there.
Just want to see if a new linux subforum would interest anyone...

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smallhagrid
post Feb 25 2012, 04:28 AM
Post #2

Beginnner

Group: New Registrant
Member No.: 57,079

Yes, and I say 'It's Linux Time !'

Besides the fact that LOTS of desktop users are already dropping them for tablets running Android as their 'daily driver' – and speaking as a die-hard win-doze user myself…It's (finally) Linux Time !!!

What do I mean by that…well…Android IS Linux, but aside of that I'll tell a wee story:

I've a friend who is around 80, and he's been a win-doze user since v3.1 – and with some help he is now a Linux user, and LOOOOVES it too.

He's using the ZorinOS in the premium version (it's reputed to be best for helping the win-doze users switch).

With the exceptions of things he needed some help with (he totally does NOT get what files are !) he is using it every single day now for months very happily & with zero trouble too.

BTW, there's been very little command-line stuff needed, and for that I've mostly used copy/paste in the terminal window with great ease.

CODE
( http://zorin-os.com/ )

I've tried Zorin in the basic version and agree that it is good, but I'm also good with most desktop Linux distros and have been goofing around with them for years too.

I also tried the Ultimate Edition 2.9, and found it pleasant, but still somewhat lacking.

CODE
http://ultimateedition.info/

Their site's been up & down alot lately, but now 3.0 is out so I might give that a spin too.

My 2 cents for anyone who'se felt 'trapped' in a closed source, proprietary OS:

Try Linux, it's really quite painless, and could be alot of FUN too !!!

Both distros mentioned herein have their roots in other well established distros like Ubuntu & Mint.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 01:41 PM
Affiliates:   Illustrator Tutorials   Free Vista Themes   Freeware Files  
Network Sites:   Latest Tech News   Internet Security   Windows Vista Themes